1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Winter Riding

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by gman, Sep 7, 2011.

1. doc2029

doc2029 Member

Yes actually my bike runs great in the rain. I agree there is something that bonds man and machine in a good rain on the road! Yeah we had a lot of rain the last couple of weeks. Three good days of rain from the fall out of Stan, and I rode in all of that. Got a little wet but otherwise not too bad. The only down side is the cagers seem to pay less attention in the rain than they normally do when the weather is nice.

2. parts

parts Member

The cagers around here go fast and stupid in the
    rain.
    We have a hwy through the center of town posted
    for 45mph-Every time we get a heavy rain there's an
    accident at one of more intersections. It's amazing
    how people seem to loose all common sense when the
    weather turns ugly

3. doc2029

doc2029 Member

Yeah, here in Richmond, Va no matter what the cagers drive like they are the only ones on the road. Now we have yearly safety inspections on all cars, trucks, bikes etc. I know their turn signals work, but they seem perplexed on what they are for. And, those mirrors must be for making sure your make-up is straight and you look good for where ever it is you are going, wouldn't want to use them to check for traffic in the lane your are just going to come over into.

I did see a woman today eating a bowl of cereal and driving. Yes she had a bowl with a spoon eating something... While driving.. WTF?

4. ColoradoDan

ColoradoDan Active Member

At least you can watch the road when you eat. Colorado didn't have the guts to make real anti-texting law when they passed one in 09. It's a $50 slap on the wrist if you're caught, and they really can't pull you over for it alone. That means every other person is texting behind the wheel and most of them are not good enough to do it with ONE hand. I saw a woman in a prius last winter drive off a perfectly dry road into a field of snow, spin a round a lot and eventually make it back on the shoulder. That's a texter. Hope she had undercoating.

5. pbjman

pbjman Member

And a spare clean pair of underwear!

6. RudieDelRude

RudieDelRude Member

I live across the river from st. louis, drive about a half hour through twice a day, and the driving habits compared to here out there are ridiculous.
    It seems anywhere within a 40 minute drive time radius of stl is filled with a bunch of idiots who dont use their signals, speed like crazy, weave in and out of cars, and yes, i see someone eating a bowl of SOMETHING every morning on my way in. No wonder helmets are mandatory in missouri.

7. HirsuitHeathen

HirsuitHeathen Member

So winter riding was how I learned how to ride...and how to wear about 20 lbs. of clothing. Got my bike in early January of this year and rode it 'til it stopped running, around when I joined this site ha. Learned a lot of valuable lessons thus far.