1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Wiring XJ 550 4v8 1982

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by fessus, Nov 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. fessus

fessus New Member

Hi!

New here, recently bought a Xj 550 4v8 the euro version. My first bike actually and I am slowly learning.
    The goal is to have it up and running for the spring and get my license (it is actually running now but not road legal at the moment).

I have read about the bikes here on this forum and have found a lot of good information.

But one thing I haven't found an answer for is the wiring for my bike.
    I have found this excellent wiring diagram on lumien(dot)se
    But when I had a look at the wires from the handlebar controls the color don't match in some cases, which could be the previous owners work.
    But also the right hand controls have the lights ON/PO/OFF switch, which I don't see in any wiring diagram i have managed to find through google.
    Is this a EU feature? And most of the wiring diagrams are for the Non-EU versions of these bikes?
    And should most of the other wiring be the same except this? I think I need to have a look at the wiring all over, so it would make it a lot easier if I had a wire diagram to follow.

Thanks!

2. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  3. a100man

a100man Well-Known Member

I have a full factory service manual for the 4V8 somewhere - a fellow UK member sent it to me in PDF. I'll try and dig it out.

4. fessus

fessus New Member

XJ550H: Yes thats true the PASS button is there as well. Ok what I suspected then. Will have a look at the link.

a100man: That would be awesome if you find it!

5. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

If you find it could I get a copy too?

6. a100man

a100man Well-Known Member

7. fessus

fessus New Member

Sweet!

Thanks a lot. Just had a quick look, and it seems that the wiring diagram is similar to the one at lumen, however it seems to be a lot of other really good information there for me to use when I go through the wiring in terms of testing!

And it only showed the relevant XJ-files from what I could see, so it worked perfectly!