1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ Monster XJ YICS tool and Spin-on Oil Adaptor

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Mr.Fork, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Chared03HD

Chared03HD Member

Sweet, I'll have to look into the Filter conversion!

2. PghXJ

PghXJ Member

ok, so does anyone know what is up with ootfab Mike? I paid back in May and still have not received anything. I emailed him and PM'd him here and have received no response? Does anyone know him and can get in contact with him??

let me know.

3. Earl-R

Earl-R Member

I want a spin-on w/ oil cooler adapter. Any word yet on if they are ready for ordering?

4. PghXJ

PghXJ Member

Ok I just got a message from him. I feel better now.

5. Earl-R

Earl-R Member

I'm glad he contacted you at least.

6. bluzglide

bluzglide Member

These links don't work....are they dead or what?

7. PghXJ

PghXJ Member

well HERE is his eBay page. If you are behind a firewall his website may not load. I have this problem at work. When I go home it works fine usually.

8. Blackhammer

Blackhammer Member

I ordered and paid for a spin on adapter last May. Still have not received it yet.

9. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

10. Injuhneer

Injuhneer Member

11. Injuhneer

Injuhneer Member

Maybe this is the better way to go, an eBay store.

A while back chacal approached me about being the distributor for the items I make. We didn't close that deal so I have no knowledge of where his products come from.

It seems more fair to the customers to simply be able to buy it ouright rather than having the waiting list.

I have to be honest. I did not expect the response to the YICS/R and SpinOn to be so good. So it seems producing larger numbers and making them immediately available is the obvious course.

-Mike

12. greg_in_london

greg_in_london Member

Can't find anything listed there yet ...

13. Injuhneer

Injuhneer Member

Considering that I started putting it together just two days ago, no, there is nothing listed.

14. Blackhammer

Blackhammer Member

I got a recent reply to my inquiry on the Spin On adapter. Thank you Injuneer for the service

15. schmuckaholic

schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

That's surprising, seeing as how I emailed the man a couple of YEARS ago, I think it was, and didn't hear word one.

For that and other reasons, which I won't go into here, I won't be getting my spin-on adapter from this Injuhneer fellow.

16. Injuhneer

Injuhneer Member

Please, feel free to get one from Chacal. Len is a pretty good guy.

Considering that I don't know you and you don't know me you can't have much in the way of reasons.

Folks sign up on the list. Then, regardless of the timeframe, they are asked to confirm the order.

Many do so, then actually read the email that is automatically generated. The email has directions on payment options, etc. They pay. I ship. Occasionally there are delays (clearly stated when signing up). No one who has ordered from me has ever failed to receive the product or received their money back.

But there are other problems:

Others confirm the order then never pay for the items. Sometimes this is the result of Paypal problems, slow postal mail, etc.

Still others never confirm that they still want the item(s) then get upset with me when their order is bumped off the list. I have left unconfirmed orders in the queue for up to ONE YEAR to give folks every chance because I did not want to kick anyone off the list. I am reducing that time and will roll off old requests that go unanswered.

In other cases folks have actually moved and I have been unable to contact them.

And then of course there are the spam filters. I send one email after another (the system is automatic sending a reminder daily) and never get a reply from the person who signed up.

For all these reasons I am working down the waiting list to eventually eliminate it. That way if there is a listing on ebay then the items are available. If not you can go get them from Len. There are also a couple of folks who actually purchased items from me only to measure and replicate them. I am sure one of them would be glad to sell you a copy.

The bottom line: I do this to support the XJ community. Until I made the first SpinOn three years ago no one had installed one on an XJ. Until I made a reproduction YICS tool 4 years ago all that was available were the diagrams online and DIY tools. Rather than screw people for $120 per tool I kept it modest and within the range of the average XJ enthusiast. The same applies to the SpinOn.

I never intended to mass produce these items but they have been so popular that other have followed my lead and offer them now as products. I believe that is a good thing.

17. ArizonaSteve

ArizonaSteve Member

Hey Michael, where could I get swing arm bushings for my SR500 or the brass material to make them myself?
    They originally had roller bearings but I can't afford $70 for replacement
    bearings so I want to put in bushing like the ones used on the XS650
    in this photo but I need to find a source for them. I guess I could just order
    a set of the 650 bushings but nobody has been able to tell me if they will fit.
    www.650motorcycles.com/SwingarmBushings.html

18. Injuhneer

Injuhneer Member

Hey AZStv !!

I have some graphite bronze stock here. Do you know the dimensions? I could send you a piece.

Industrial Metal Supply on 48th St sells all sorts of materials and might be able to sell you a small piece.

https://www.industrialmetalsupply.com/l ... hoenix.htm

There are also many eBay suppliers that sell small pieces.

19. kciv

kciv New Member

Injuhneer --- Got the e-mail asking to confirm. I did read it. I confirmed. I picked the check option. No address. I cannot find your address to send the check too? It is not in the e-mail, on the confirmation page, or on your WEB site. When and where do I send the check?

20. Injuhneer

Injuhneer Member

Howdy,

I'll PM you. If you select the Mail option the street address is sent.

BTW - To anyone having problems with the Paypal links I fixed them today. It appears there is a problem with the way DynDNS.org does their redirects.

The links are now working...