1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale XJ PARTS FOR SALE---FOR ALL MAXIM, SECA, AND TURBO MODELS

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by chacal, Nov 10, 2006.

1. XJ700VET

XJ700VET Member

Hey Chacal, I emailed you last night about some parts that I need to order. I'm guessing that you've not gotten back to me because you're busy with all of the other orders that you recieved. The return email that I sent was from old-soldier@ and I could still use those parts if you have them. Thanks for your time.

2. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Mucho gracias amigos!

3. chacal

Hey XJ700VET....I did respond to your e-mail! But it wasn't until late this afternoon....I actually WAS busy filling orders! But it should be in your real-world e-mail inbox by now!

4. jswag5

jswag5 Member

Any chance that i can get a main lighting and wiring harness for an 83 xj750mk, some dillweed before i owned it lowered the bike and ran the rear tire through the rear fender into the harness. Ive got a hillbilly wireharness in there now(patched the wires with whatever i could find to get things workin).

5. somecallmemike

somecallmemike Member

Re: XJ PARTS FOR SALE---FOR ALL MAXIM, SECA, AND TURBO MODEL

Hey Chacal,

I've heard quite a bit about you and i've only been on the forum for a few days! I purchased an 82 XJ650 RJ Seca which is by far the dirtiest machine I have ever touched. You can see my progress here:

http://www.xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=12352.html

Anyways, I am looking for a fuel tank, battery side cover, speedometer, left handle bar choke assembly, and a set of tank and side cover emblems. Also if you have any tips and tricks to disassembling these bikes it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael Andrews

6. schmuckaholic

schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

Just checked Chacal's latest price list that I have, and he doesn't have a tank or side cover emblems listed for a Seca. Maxim, yes, but not Seca. I also don't what (or if) he has for the side cover or speedo. The choke, on the other hand...

------------

Choke/Starter/Enrichment Circuit Cables:

cac1) OEM and aftermarket CHOKE CABLE, brand new with coil-wound black-sheathed housings, inner nylon sleeve, and correct ends to correctly replace snapped, frayed, or noisy originals. NOTE: the overall length of aftermarket cables may differ by 1-2" (total overall length) from original, but this can easily be compensated for in the routing and final adjustment of the cable once installed.....this is why there are fewer aftermarket cables than original cables (cables that were very close in all other aspects, but within 2-3" of overall length, have been consolidated into one part number on aftermarket cables).

HCP2712 OEM original Choke Cable, for all XJ650 Seca and XJ750 Seca models.
    $ 15.00

Choke/Starter/Enrichment Circuit Control Levers & Hardware:

Mounted onto the left side handlebar control switch, this black plastic choke cable control lever allows you to control the choke system, and if it's missing or broken, here's your chance to replace them with brand new parts and restore their proper function and appearance.

HCP2687 OEM choke LEVER, round plastic lever unit with finger knob, does not include any mounting hardware. Fits all XJ550 models, all XJ650 (except Turbo) models, and all XJ750 Seca models:
    $ 11.00

HCP3568 OEM choke lever SPRING WASHER, special flat washer that mounts underneath the choke lever (between the lever and the control switch housing). Used on all XJ550, XJ650, XJ750, and XJ1100 models.
    $ 2.50

HCP3572 OEM choke lever MOUNTING SCREW, holds the lever to the control switch housing. Used on all XJ650 models.
    $ 1.75

HCP3575 OEM choke lever mounting screw FLAT WASHER, used under the HCP3571 screw listed above. Used on all XJ550, XJ650, XJ700, XJ750, and XJ1100 models.
    $ 1.00

Fuel Tank Emblems:

ed4) OEM and reproduction FUEL TANK EMBLEMS fit on the sides of the tank and spell out the name "YAMAHA" in big letters against a black background. Most emblems used adhesive tape to mount, while all XJ550, XJ650 Maxim and Midnight Maxim, and XJ1100 emblems are retained to the tank via two small screws.

HCP2408 OEM left or right side FUEL TANK EMBLEM "YAMAHA", black plastic emblem with polished chrome raised lettering. For all XJ650RJ Seca models. Installs with supplied adhesive tape to mount emblem to the tank.
    $ 39.95

------------

7. somecallmemike

somecallmemike Member

schmuckaholic,

Thanks a lot for the info, I would like to purchase the HCP2687 OEM choke LEVER from chacal. And... I guess I don't know how to go about purchasing something from him. Chacal if you're out there, my money is as good as yours.

Michael Andrews

8. schmuckaholic

schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

Simply send him a PM here on the board, or email directly to
    info @ xj4ever.com, and he'll get you set up.

9. chacal

Hey Mike, I sent you a PM with the details on the items you're looking for.......

10. chadwickm

chadwickm Member

Hey Len! I got the SS brake lines today, they look AWSOME!! Thank you VERY much!!! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. krayzeesmoke

krayzeesmoke Member

I like the look of that front end, I just got my 1st bike (1982 xj750 seca) and I have just realized how far I have to go.

12. chacal

Hey Michael, your bike looks GREAT! Hope those lines fit well, and let me know how they perform for you (please practice using them, so you don't shoot yourself over the handlebars in the first real panic stop you make!). Enjoy your ride and "be the bunny"......... :D

To everyone else.....Michael was kind enough to do the test fitting of the custom-fit stainless steel brake lines for me on the XJ1100 models, which are now available and listed in the PARTS FOR SALE section of the forums:

http://xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/p=1 ... tml#100908

Also special thanks to Gamuru, Robert, Aldo, Larry, Rpgoerlich, MiCarl, John L., Ryan, Steve M, Shawn, Chas, and all the many others who were instrumental in lending their bikes and their time in order to test-fit pattern braided stainless steel lines onto their original, stock bikes so that we can provide truly correct-fit, DOT street-legal replacement brake lines for everyone else.

13. XJ700VET

XJ700VET Member

I've got to hand it to you!! I ordered my parts on the 14th, and I got them early today, the 16th. Who do you know in the postal service? I'm totally amazed. I ordered some parts from my local dealer on the 12th, and I'm expecting to receive them some time late next week. Chacal you ROCK!!!! I will be going through you from hear on out for all of my XJ needs. Great prices, personal service, and you even double checked my parts to ensure that I got exactly what I needed.
    Thanks again!!
    Ken

14. ricklees

ricklees Member

Just giving Chacal some well deserved credit for helping me in a pinch.
    So I can get this thing on the road. All he had to do was provide,
    knowledge, experience and great customer service and he aced all 3.

Thanks, Chacal

15. chacal

Thanks guys for your business and kind words!

16. ricklees

ricklees Member

I got carbtune an some other stuff Monday AND the rest of what I forgot on that order Tuesday, Chacal was right on it, got it out pronto.

Thanks, Chacal

17. chacal

Ditto, once again, ricklees!

18. LazyBeerNutz

LazyBeerNutz Member

I got my fork seals about a week ago, they came so fast, I haven't had time to schedule putting them on yet. Oh well, maybe this weekend.

19. Kiwi

Kiwi Member

Hi Chacal.

I recieved the new YICS tool rubbers, thank you again for the excellent service. Above and beyond the call of duty.

Regards - Shane

20. chacal

Thanks guys, glad to help!