1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale XJ PARTS FOR SALE---FOR ALL MAXIM, SECA, AND TURBO MODELS

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by chacal, Nov 10, 2006.

1. CaptNemo

CaptNemo Member

Re: XJ PARTS FOR SALE---FOR ALL MAXIM, SECA, AND TURBO MODEL

Len, I just ordered my parts a few hours ago not expecting to hear from you until after the holiday weekend but you just sent me an email saying they have already shipped, that is awesome!
    Can't wait to get them, they will probably be here before dark knowing you.
    Thanks!

2. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Thanks Captain!

3. tubs550

tubs550 New Member

I need a set of brushes asap! what do i need to do

4. ricklees

ricklees Member

Send chacal a PM or email him at info@xj4ever.com

include your first name at least and the model of bike ypur working on along with the part you want.

THat will get you rolling.

Have a good day,

Rick

5. XJ700VET

XJ700VET Member

Howdy again Len

I've really got to hand it to you, my order arrived just a half an hour ago. All proper, all correct!! I still can't belive how quickly the stuff got here!!! A grand total of 2 days to make it across country. I hope that soon my bike will be in a state of repair again that I won't be needing too many more parts. But, I do have to say thankyou for your accuracy, price, and speed of service.
    Thanks
    Ken

6. chacal

Very welcome Vet! Thanks and enjoy the wrenching!

7. TECHLINETOM

TECHLINETOM Member

Mr. Chacal,

Two questions:

1) how much for brushes for 1982 XJ1100J Maxim?

2) I want to get rid of the "unitized?" brake and have separate front and rear brakes. I also want to upgrade to braided hoses.

Any ideas on what hoses/banjo bolt sizes and/or lengths I need or how much it will set me back? :?

I realize that the unitized brake is supposed to be safer but it feels weird to me and I can see me having to lay the bike down in an emergency and not being able to.

I also read how someone with the same bike did this and he said the brakes were awsome after. HELP!!! 8O

Thanks in advance,

8. Oblivion

Oblivion Active Member

8O 8O 8O

9. chacal

Hey Tech, sorry, no help on the seperate brake line conversion that you're contemplating, I've patterned all of the lines off of original brake line systems.

Here is the info on the brushes:

s7) Aftermarket ALTERNATOR BRUSHES WITH HOLDERS SET, matched pair of brushes with the metal holders and lead wires. Fits all XJ550, 650, 700, 750, 900, and 1100 models. NOTE: Alternator brushes should be replaced whenever they are less than 11mm in overall length. Factory brushes have "wear marks" (scribed lines) on the brush to indicate their wear limit; these aftermarket brushes also have the scribed wear line. Overall length of these brushes are 17.10mm, with 9mm of length from the wear bars to the contact end of the brushes.

HCP215 Alternator Brushes with Holders set:
    $ 19.00 set

t7) Aftermarket ALTERNATOR BRUSHES SET, matched pair of brushes with lead wires only, no holders. The original brush lead wires will have to be cut or de-soldered from their holders, and the lead wires on these brushes re-soldered onto their respective holders. Fits all for all XJ550, XJ650, XJ700, XJ750, XJ900RK, and XJ1100 models. NOTE: Alternator brushes should be replaced whenever they are less than 11mm in overall length. Factory brushes have "wear marks" (scribed lines) on the brush to indicate their wear limit; these aftermarket brushes do not have the scribed wear line and we suggest that you scribe a thin line in the brushes at an approximate 9mm distance from their contact end. Overall length of these brushes are 14.50mm. NOTE: we strongly recommend the purchase of the HCP215 brushes with holders set (listed above) above versus these!

HCP216 Alternator Brushes without holders set:
    $ 16.00 set

abh9) OEM alternator BRUSH HOLDER PLATE,, brown plastic plate that the alternator brushes actually attach to. Although this plate never "wears out", it may need replacing if you end up breaking it off while attempting to remove it. Includes the brush holder Plate, both brushes, and the lead wires with the rubber generator cover grommet and the white plastic terminal connector, hardware not included. The appropriate hardware used to secure this plate to the generator cover is listed in the next section.

HCP471 OEM alternator BRUSH PLATE, fits all XJ650, XJ700 non-X, XJ750, and XJ900RK models.
    $ 47.95

abh7) Aftermarket ALTERNATOR BRUSHES HARDWARE, an assortment of the correct replacement screws and washers used to mount the brushes to the brush holder plate, and the brush holder plate to the alternator engine case cover.

NOTE: the large brush plate-to-engine case cover screws are VERY hard to remove.....they tend to "weld" themselves to the case. Please make sure that you use an appropriate size (large tip) JIS phillips screwdriver when attempting to remove them, as they will strip out quite easily. Then you're left with the task of trying to get those tight screws out from a small recessed area, and you run the risk of breaking the brush holder plate!

And, as always, when you go to replace these brush plate holder screws, make sure that you use some anti-seize compound on their threads!

HCP1030 OEM brush holder plate-to-cover SCREW. This is the large screw that is very difficult to remove. Originally it had a captured lock washer and flat washer, and was yellow-cad plated; these replacement screws come without the lock washer or the flat washer, which must be ordered separate below, and it is finished in a dark gray phosphorous coating. Fits all XJ550, XJ650, XJ700, XJ750, XJ900RK, and XJ1100 models. Use 2 per bike. Each:
    $ 1.25

HCP315 OEM brush holder plate-to-cover LOCK WASHER, use 2 per unit. Fits all XJ550, XJ650, XJ700, XJ750, XJ900RK, and XJ1100 models. Each:
    $ 0.95

HCP2173 OEM brush holder plate-to-cover FLAT WASHER, use 2 per unit. Fits all XJ550, XJ650, XJ700, XJ750, and XJ900RK, and XJ1100 models. Each:
    $ 1.00

HCP4190 OEM brush holder-to-brush plate SCREW. This is the small screw that holds the brush metal bracket arm to the brush plate. Originally it had a captured lock washer and flat washer; these replacement screws come without the lock washer or the flat washer, which must be ordered separate below. Fits all XJ550, XJ650, XJ700, XJ750, and XJ900RK models. Use 2 per bike. Each:
    $ 0.95

HCP6644 OEM brush holder-to-brush plate SCREW. This is the small screw that holds the brush metal bracket arm to the brush plate. Originally it had a captured lock washer and flat washer; these replacement screws come with the lock washer but without the flat washer, which must be ordered separate below. Fits all XJ550, XJ650, XJ700, XJ750, and XJ900RK models. Use 2 per bike. Each:
    $ 0.70

HCP326 OEM alloy-steel natural finish brush holder-to-brush plate screw LOCK WASHER, each:
    $ 0.75

HCP328 OEM alloy-steel natural finish brush holder-to-brush plate screw FLAT WASHER, each:
    $ 0.75

10. RangerG

RangerG Member

Recieved the tach drive oil seal and o-ring that I ordered. The only better service would be if Len came along to install them.

Thanks.

11. chacal

Hey Ranger, for a small fee that could be arranged...... :D

12. schmuckaholic

schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

He can pay you off in Poutine. :mrgreen:

What is poutine, you ask?

My last order took about three. If HE sends Priority Mail, it gets here quickly. If I send the payment via Priority Mail, then it takes as long to get there as it does if I send it First Class.

He attributes this to his proximity to the airport in Atlanta; cargo space in various airliners is readily available. The Atlanta airport serves as a hub for not only mail service in the SouthEast US, but Delta Airlines as well.

Let's hope, however, that they don't run into too much more of this:

Attached Files:

13. chacal

The last order to schmuck..........which was in that cargo container that inadvertantly got sucked into the turbine intake......delayed that flight for almost 24 hours, and that's why it took 3 days.

Otherwise, ihe would have received it in two............ :D

14. maz43

maz43 Member

What all would I need to put a headlight and front turn signals on my "82 XJ750J?
    I would like the option of riding without the fairing so I can refurb it (if I can afford to).

15. PaulT

PaulT Member

Len, got my sprockets and other misc items yesterday (typical 2 days in shipping).

Everything is AWESOME!!!!!!

I really like the way you post the parts, along with a history of them and technical information. Helped me to make an informed decision on what's best for me.

I knew there was something else I needed, but was so geared up (pun intended) about the sprockets I couldn't remember what it was.
    I need exhaust gaskets for my 81 seca 550, whachyagot?

16. chacal

Hey Paul, thanks, glad everything got to you well and safe.

Maz.....I do have the stock original turn signals for your bike, although I'm a little unsure about the front fairing you mention? Are you trying to put your bike back into a stock, non-aftermarket fairing condition?

Oh, and lest I forget......exhaust gaskets:

EXHAUST SYSTEM PARTS:

GASKETS

Cylinder Head Exhaust Port Gaskets:

a9) OEM and aftermarket cylinder head Exhaust Port Ring Gasket....the thin "doughnut" ring gasket between the cylinder head and the exhaust header pipe. A very common source of leaks. You ALWAYS replace these whenever you remove your exhaust header(s). Aftermarket reproductions fit and seal just like the originals.

HCP583 OEM cylinder head Exhaust Port-to-Header pipe Ring Gasket, copper clad as original, fits all XJ550, XJ650, XJ700, XJ750, and XJ900RK models. Each:
    $ 4.25

HCP583SET4 OEM cylinder head Exhaust Port-to-Header pipe Ring Gasket, set of 4:
    $ 16.00

HCP1617 Aftermarket cylinder head Exhaust Port-to-Header pipe Ring Gasket, synthetic material (no copper) seals as well as the originals, fits all XJ550, XJ650, XJ700, XJ750, and XJ900RK models, each:
    $ 2.50

HCP1617SET4 Aftermarket cylinder head Exhaust Port-to-Header pipe Ring Gasket, set of 4:
    $ 9.50

HCP1253 OEM cylinder head Exhaust Port-to-Header pipe Ring Gasket, fits all XJ1100 models, each:
    $ 3.50

HCP1253SET4 OEM cylinder head Exhaust Port-to-Header pipe Ring Gasket, fits all XJ1100 models, set of 4:
    $ 12.50

HCP1618 Aftermarket exhaust Port-to-Headpipe Ring Gasket, fits all XJ1100 models, each:
    $ 2.50

HCP1618SET4 Aftermarket exhaust Port-to-Headpipe Ring Gasket, fits all XJ1100 models, set of 4:
    $ 9.50

Header Pipe Outlet to Exhaust Collector Inlet Gaskets:

a29) OEM exhaust system Header pipe Outlet-to-Collector Inlet Gasket....these thick doughnut and flange gaskets are used in various places on your exhaust system, and are a common source of leaks. You should carefully inspect and replace any worn or damaged originals whenever you remove your exhaust system components.

HCP584 OEM exhaust system Header pipe Outlet-to-Collector Inlet Gasket......where each headpipe ends and joins into the collector is where you'll find these gaskets. Use 1 per pipe joint, 4 per bike. For use on all XJ550, XJ650 Seca and Turbo models, and all XJ750 models. Each:
    $ 22.00

HCP584SET4 OEM exhaust system Header pipe Outlet-to-Collector Inlet Gasket. Set of 4:
    $ 82.00

HCP585 OEM exhaust system Header pipe Outlet-to-Collector Inlet Gasket......where each headpipe ends and joins into the collector is where you'll find these gaskets. Use 1 per pipe joint, 4 per bike. For use on all XJ650 Maxim and Midnight Maxims, and all XJ700 models. Each:
    $ 10.00

HCP585SET4 OEM exhaust system Header pipe Outlet-to-Collector Inlet Gasket. Set of 4:
    $ 36.00

HCP2621 OEM exhaust system Header pipe Outlet-to-Collector Inlet Gasket......where each headpipe ends and joins into the collector is where you'll find these gaskets. Use 1 per pipe joint, 4 per bike. For use on all XJ900 models. Each:
    $ 12.00

HCP2621SET4 OEM exhaust system Header pipe Outlet-to-Collector Inlet Gasket. Set of 4:
    $ 44.00

HCP588 OEM exhaust system Header pipe Outlet-to-Collector Inlet Gasket. Use 1 per pipe joint, 4 per bike. For use on all XJ1100 models. Each:
    $ 14.00

HCP588SET4 OEM exhaust system Header pipe Outlet-to-Collector Inlet Gasket. Set of 4:
    $ 49.00

Exhaust Crossover Pipe Joint Gaskets:

a30) OEM exhaust system Crossover Pipe Joint Gasket....these thick doughnut gaskets are used where the left-to-right collector (XJ650 Maxim) or the left-to-right muffler can (XJ1100) crossover pipes join, and are a common source of leaks. You should carefully inspect and replace any worn or damaged originals whenever you remove your exhaust system components. Use 1 per bike.

HCP584 OEM exhaust system Crossover Pipe Joint Gasket. For use on all XJ650 Maxim and Midnight Maxim models.
    $ 22.00

HCP588 OEM exhaust system Crossover Pipe Joint Gasket. For use on all XJ1100 models.
    $ 14.00

Collector Box Outlet to Muffler Can Inlet Gaskets:

a30) OEM exhaust system Collector Outlet-to-Muffler Can Inlet Gasket. These doughnut gaskets are used at the rear of the system collector, and joint the muffler can inlet, and are a common source of leaks. Use 1 gasket per muffler, 2 per bike. You should carefully inspect and replace any worn or damaged originals whenever you remove your exhaust system components.

HCP588 OEM exhaust system Collector Outlet-to-Muffler Can Inlet Gasket. For use on all XJ550 models, XJ650 Seca models, all XJ750 models, XJ900, and XJ1100 models. Each:
    $ 14.00

HCP588SET2 OEM exhaust system Collector Outlet-to-Muffler Can Inlet Gasket. Set of 2:
    $ 26.00

HCP2621 OEM exhaust system Collector Outlet-to-Muffler Can Inlet Gasket. For use on all XJ700 models. Each:
    $ 12.00

HCP2621SET2 OEM exhaust system Collector Outlet-to-Muffler Can Inlet Gasket. Set of 2:
    $ 23.00

HCP2624 OEM exhaust system Turbo Joint Pipe-to-Muffler Can Inlet Gasket. Where the right side turbo outlet joint pipe outlet pipe ends and joins into the right muffler can inlet is where you'll find this gasket. Use 1 gasket per bike. For use on all XJ650 Turbo models.
    $ 21.00

17. PaulT

PaulT Member

Do you ever sleep? ;-)

[​IMG]

18. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Don't be fooled that's not Paul's 550 and somebody pulled the SEXY original pipes off too bad...

19. PaulT

PaulT Member

Stock photo used, Paul's actual XJ may appear different. Your milage may vary. Some settling of contents may have occurred in shipping

20. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

I knew that, just busting your chops. Fairing looks good BTW (in pic of you and your Bro)...did you get your chain issue solved?