1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale XJ PARTS FOR SALE---FOR ALL MAXIM, SECA, AND TURBO MODELS

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by chacal, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Grynen

Grynen Member

Re: XJ PARTS FOR SALE---FOR ALL MAXIM, SECA, AND TURBO MODEL

Got my intake boot and yics tool. fast and easy Thanks Chacal.

2. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Hey Mike, I sent you a PM with that info, but here it is again:

CARB FLOATS & FLOAT NEEDLE VALVES:

NOTE on float needle valve Seats and Needles:

- original seats had a fuel inlet boss (where the inlet filter screen sits) of either 5.10mm (and uses a flat screen) or a 6.57mm boss with a 7.30mm "lip" (this style uses a domed screen).

- The HCP1 kit comes without a screen but the float seat has a 5.10mm screen mounting boss, so an original FLAT screen can be used with these if you still have your original flat screens. The needle is slightly longer (about 1mm) than on the HCP10 needle. The needle seat Washer is made of a stiff fiber material, as opposed to the original metal washer.

- The HCP10 kit comes with a flat screen and the float seat has a 5.10mm screen mounting boss. The needle is slightly shorter than on the HCP1 needle. The needle seat Washer is made of copper as original.

- The HCP872 and HCP2776 kits comes with a screen and the float seat has a 4.53mm screen mounting boss. The needle is slightly longer (about 1mm) than on the HCP10 needle. The needle seat Washer is made of metal like original, but it's aluminum rather than copper.

- There is a third style of seat and it uses a "domed" style screen. The mounting boss for the screen on the seat is 7.25mm OD and it is "stepped". This style seat and screen are not currently available.

- The HCP870 Needle Only uses a needle that is slightly taller (about 1mm) than stock. It is the same needle as used in the HCP872 complete kit.

QUESTION: does it matter which style float seat/needle/etc. is used in your carbs?

ANSWER: Not really, although it's probably best (but not absolutely necessary) to make sure that all 4 carbs use the same style set-up. Also, while it states that the kits that have the same height needles "may not" require float level re-adjustment after installation, I wouldn't count on it. You should ALWAYS check and adjust your float levels anytime you go into your carbs----and periodically even if you don't! I know, it's a pain-in-the-tail light to adjust the float levels----but correct float levels really will help make sure that your bike performs at its best.

fs17) OEM Hitachi FLOAT NEEDLE VALVE ASSEMBLY---contains the float valve Needle with retainer clip, float valve needle brass screw-in Seat, and the metal seat Washer. The seat DOES include the filter screen, but this kit does NOT include the idle mixture screw block-off cap. NOTE: the float Needle that comes with this set is approximately the same height as the factory Yamaha needle, and it may not be necessary to re-adjust the float level height after installation.

For all XJ650 (except Turbo), all XJ750, and all XJ700 (except "X") models:

HCP10 OEM Hitachi Float Needle VALVE ASSMEBLY, single:
    $ 64.00

HCP10SET4 OEM Hitachi Float Needle VALVE ASSMEBLIES, set of 4:
    $ 239.00

fs3) Aftermarket Hitachi FLOAT VALVE NEEDLE ONLY (includes the retainer clip)...for those who wish to do an extreme-budget rebuild, you can buy the rubber-tipped float valve needle by itself (without its brass seat). Needle includes its hanger/retainer arm clip. NOTE: this Needle is approximately 1mm taller than a factory Yamaha needle, and will require that you re-adjust the float level height after installation. For use on all XJ650 (except Turbo) models, all XJ700 non-X models, and all XJ750 models.

HCP870 Aftermarket Hitachi float valve NEEDLE with clip, each:
    $ 7.50

HCP870SET4 Aftermarket Hitachi float valve NEEDLES with clip, set of 4:
    $ 28.00

jj) Aftermarket Hitachi FLOAT NEEDLE VALVE ASSEMBLY---contains the float valve Needle with retainer clip, float valve needle brass screw-in Seat, and the metal seat Washer. The seat DOES include the filter screen, but this kit does NOT include the idle mixture screw block-off cap. NOTE: the float Needle that comes with this set is approximately 1mm taller than a factory Yamaha needle, and will require that you re-adjust the float level height after installation.

For all XJ650 (except Turbo), all XJ750, and all XJ700 (except "X") models:

HCP872 Aftermarket Hitachi FLOAT NEEDLE VALVE ASSEMBLY, single:
    $ 11.00

HCP872SET4 Aftermarket Hitachi FLOAT NEEDLE VALVE ASSEMBLIES, set of 4:
    $ 39.00

nn) Aftermarket Hitachi carbs LOWER END STANDARD REBUILD KIT---contains the float needle with retainer clip, float valve brass screw-in seat, a fiber seat washer, idle mixture screw block-off cap, and an aftermarket bowl gasket. The float needle seat does NOT include the filter screen. NOTE: the float Needle that comes with this set is approximately the same height as a factory Yamaha needle, and it may not be necessary to re-adjust the float level height after installation.

For all XJ650 (except Turbo), all XJ750, and all XJ700 non-X models:

HCP1 Aftermarket Hitachi carb LOWER END STANDARD REBUILD KIT, single:
    $ 19.00

HCP1SET4 Aftermarket Hitachi carb LOWER END STANDARD REBUILD KITS, set of 4:
    $ 69.00

fs2) Aftermarket Hitachi carb LOWER END DELUXE REBUILD KIT---contains the float needle with retainer clip, float valve brass screw-in seat, a metal seat washer, and a factory bowl gasket. The float needle seat DOES include the filter screen. NOTE: the float Needle that comes with this set is approximately 1mm taller than the factory Yamaha needle, and will require that you re-adjust the float level height after installation.

For all XJ650 (except Turbo), all XJ750, and all XJ700 non-X models:

HCP2776 Aftermarket Hitachi carb LOWER END DELUXE REBUILD KIT, single:
    $ 24.00

HCP2776SET4 Aftermarket Hitachi carb LOWER END DELUXE REBUILD KITS, set of 4:
    $ 88.00

3. martinfan30

martinfan30 Member

Thanks Chacal! Got all my parts early this week and can't wait to start replacing and rebuilding!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

4. chacal

Thanks guys!

5. BrianC

BrianC New Member

looking for a seat grab bar for my 82 650 maxim, also interested in a rear rack i could mount a trunk if u have one

6. chacal

Hey BrianC----sent you a PM. Sorry, no help on the rear luggage rack.

7. yamaha4life

yamaha4life Member

got my parts Monday 8) i will now call you jesus...chacal "jesus of the XJ" i bow down to thee and praise his xj part having ability.... :lol: but really it was and will be great to buy from you again

8. chacal

Hey thanks 4life..........but truly, my son, you should give praise to the Part Gods whom Art, unfortunately, mostly in Japan and China.

But I am a mere Moses, leading you out of parts desolation and servitude, and into the Promised Land of quick shipping and items that are actually correct and function properly for an XJ bike (rather than a generic one-size-fits-all item).

Amen. :D

9. ricklees

ricklees Member

Whoa, ordered Sunday evening shipped Monday, in hand Tuesday!
    10 minutes later parts were on the bike.
    True to form chacal is top notch.

Thanks,
    Rick

10. chacal

Darn Rick, you're quicker than me!

Guess I'll have to start working quicker...........

Thanks!

11. xjasfirst

xjasfirst Member

I ordered a turn signal from chacal, and it was shipped the same day! I got it in 6 days using parcel post and took the bike out with it that night. This was my first order from chacal and the experience lived up to the hype!

12. chacal

Thanks1

13. avengingllama

avengingllama Member

I don't get it. I ordered my oil filter bolt on Thursday night but it didn't get here until Monday!!! Good grief, 2 WHOLE business days, couldn't teleport it to me or something could ya. LOL, just kidding Chacal, I did get the part Monday in much better packaging than I expected for a piece of metal ( i did have to hide those little peanuts from my daughter though, 13 and still loves those dumb things)=) thanks again for the fair pricing and superior service

14. chacal

Llama, we tried, but our molecular transporter was broken, and our supplier takes FOREVER to ship us replacement parts for it......

Thanks, and let me know if we can have a shot at doing better next time!

15. dqnjuan

dqnjuan Member

Once again great service and fast delivery Chacal, parts just came in and you had them shipped same day as order...think this is my 3rd or 4th week in a row and ive always got them by thurs for my weekend wrenching.

16. Fongdingo

Fongdingo Member

hey chacal you sell breake front pads for my bike?

17. chacal

Thanks dqnjuan, happy wrenching!

18. maxim82

maxim82 Member

I'm PUMPED! I ordered various parts from Chacal for my bike on Tuesday afternoon and there they were in my mailbox Thursday. Great timing, just in time for weekend wrenching! Now I can get rid of the half-arse nuts, bolts, in-line fuel filter I put on the bike from my local hardware store to get me by. All the parts look right and so much "purdier" than what I had.
    Dude I'm not even going to tell you how much my local Yamaha dealer wanted for the carb drain bowl screws. Suffice it to say it went something like this, Me: "For the set of 4?"; Him: "No, each screw." And of course it would be 2-3 days before the dealer got them and I got to fight Dallas traffic 30 miles (round-trip) to go pick them up. No thanks.

Now I can say, "I got a guy...."

'82 XJ650J Maxim
    Happy! :D

19. chacal

Hey '82, great to hear, hope you got lots of wrenching done this weekend.

Yeah, let the postman fight the traffic for you, that's a much better idea than you doing it!

Thanks gain for your business, let me know if I can be of further assistance.

20. skoobasteve

skoobasteve New Member

wondering if you have complete carbs for an 81 xj650?