1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale XJ PARTS FOR SALE---FOR ALL MAXIM, SECA, AND TURBO MODELS

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by chacal, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Fishmaster

Fishmaster Member

Thanks Chacal for the parts. Shipping was faster than I expected.
    Thanks again!!!

2. jokerswild

jokerswild New Member

Re: XJ PARTS FOR SALE---FOR ALL MAXIM, SECA, AND TURBO MODEL

Thanks chacal (Len) for the parts. Great to have somebody on board that is exceptional to deal with and always fair.

Thanks again,
    Dave

3. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Thanks guys!

4. BRNOUT

BRNOUT New Member

HEY Len,I just want to say Thanks for all the great info you have given me since I have started dealing with you and I want to say that you are THE MAN!You always have been there when I need help.I will be contacting you again very soon so you and the family have a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year!Thanks again,Ryan.

5. gregu

gregu Member

Looking for 1982 XJ750 R gas tank. Do you have one?
    I did not get a post on my XJBikes email so my personal address is listed below. Thanks, Greg

dgulrick@verizon.net

6. chacal

Hey Gregu, I sent you some info to your real-world email address......thanks.

Hey Ryan! Good to see you on the forums! I appreciate your business and truly enjoy helping you out any way that I can!

7. stereomind

stereomind Active Member

Yay! Throttle shaft seals are in, along with the intake boots. I think they were delivered before I finished filling out the order! :)

Thanks Len. as always, I appreciate the super-quick delivery.

8. chacal

Thanks Stereo, and I appreciate your business and support.

Happy Holidays!

9. mfchapman

mfchapman Member

Just ordered an on/off valve from Chacal to replace my vacuum-actuated petcock. It's cheaper and probably a better idea unless you are absent-minded. Got sick of worrying about gas leaking where it shouldn't (in the back of my van last time). Shipped almost instantly as expected.

Thanks Chacal!

10. chacal

Hey mf, thanks for the feedback and I'm glad it arrived so quickly. A great holidays project!

11. SecaRob

SecaRob Member

Name one parts dealer that is available Sunday evenings when your hands are dirty and you think you might have a problem......I'll name the only one I have ever heard of.... Chacal!!!

Order from Chacal he'll have the part you need and the knowledge of how to install it. Plus he will have it at your door quicker than anyone.

Len, thanks for the help this evening

Rob

12. chacal

De Nada.........

13. SecaRob

SecaRob Member

That's what you think :wink:

14. chacal

Thinking.....a bad habit I gave up a long time ago.

There's a 12-step process involved.............. :D

15. TheBikeDoc

TheBikeDoc New Member

XJ4ever.com spin on oil filter adapter review.

I had the opportunity to install two www.XJ4ever.com spin on oil filter adapters to my two 1982 XJ750RJ Secas. Len Chacal provided prompt service with the ordered kit arriving in about 5 days. Len’s enclosed instructions are very detailed and quite helpful. Do read them first and make sure you have all the required tools. Torque wrench I had, 30mm socket I needed so I held off on doing the switch until I got a 30mm socket. I will get into more details regarding the 30mm socket below when I came to that step in the instructions. Below is a composite of my installation experience on the two Secas, the first being the “learning curve”, the second being, “that went well.”

I went through the instructions before starting and got all the recommended supplies. With the installation of the stud, I did the thread locking fluid for the first 4-5 threads on the engine side of the engine case stud then anti-seize half-way up the engine side of the stud. The stud threaded in easily by hand about 1/4 of the way. I then inserted the installation tool pins into the U side of the stud and attempted to torque to the specifications of 20 foot-pounds. Before I ever reached recommended 20 foot-pounds of torque, the stud start to turn with extreme difficultly. I decided not to force it and attempted to remove the engine case stud. The U cuts could not take the torque with my attempting to remove the stud and bent making it impossible to remove the stud with the tool. I had to use a channel lock to remove the stud. The stud was thoroughly trashed. Fortunately, the threads in the oil passage did not strip and were undamaged. As I had ordered two kits one for each of my 750 Secas, I got the engine stud from the other kit. With the second stud, I first sounded the depth of the oil passage then applied the thread-locking fluid to new stud again to the first 4-5 threads to the engine side of the stud and then applied the anti-seize to level of the sounding of the threaded oil passage and no further to avoid over driving the stud too far into the engine. I then reinserted the stud into the oil passage hand tightening; I then torqued it down using the Yamaha recommend torque specs for the oil filter bolt (11 foot-pounds) which the engine stud replaced. When I did the second Seca, I used my micrometer and measure a total depth to the oil passage hole, 37mm, but found only a threaded depth of 23mm. I subsequently measured 22mm up on the replacement stud Len sent me (no additional charge, thank you Len!) and applied masking tape as a visual check not to over drive the stud into the engine oil passage. I applied the thread-locking fluid to the first 4-5 threads to the engine side of the stud and then applied the anti-seize to remaining 22mm of exposed threads. I then inserted the stud into the oil passage hand tightening, then torqued it down using the Yamaha recommend torque specs for the oil filter bolt (11 foot-pounds) which the engine stud replaced. The masking tape was removed and anti-seize was applied to the remaining threads. The oil adapter plate and 30mm nut were applied as per steps H), I) & J) written instructions.

At step J, on both Secas there was great difficulty in getting the socket to seat over the 30mm nut due to the narrowness of the recessed portion of the adapter plate that the nut seats into. The original 30mm socket I procured at AutoZone Auto Parts was “Great Neck” brand and though the socket fit the 30mm adaptor plate nut, the walls outside diameter were too thick (42mm) to fit into the recessed portion of the adaptor plate (39.5mm). I got an S-K 30mm deep socket (www.sears.com part # 00996787000). This has an OD diameter of 39.4mm, giving a close fit. The short comings are the thin 30mm nut edges are machined down slightly giving a taper to the edge to the nut and the similar machined down inside lip of the S-K 30mm deep socket. It is a two person job one to secure the adaptor plate nut: one applying direct downward pressure on the socket wrench over the nut to keep it from slipping off and the other applying the torque to the wrench (my son was quite helpful here). If a there is a thin walled 30mm deep socket that does not have recessed edges, that would make this job far easier; I am still looking. The other option would be to grind the edges down on the thin walled 30mm deep socket to get a flat, not tapered contact surface to get more bite of the 30mm thin adaptor plate nut. My home grinder is too small to reasonably tackle this job so I did not try it but may have a machine shop do it for me if I ever need to replace the adapter plate engine side O-ring. Len has communicated to me that he has adjusted the adapter plate nut recess cavity to have straight sides at 40.5mm diameter which will now easily accommodate the narrow wall 30mm deep socket such as the S-K 30mm with 39.5mm OD.

My recommendations would be to add the following steps to the instructions:
    1) Measure the threaded depth of the oil passage hole after removing the oil filter and filter bolt. Mark that depth less one mm less than the measured depth for buffer with masking tape on the non notched side of the threaded stud (22mm up on 1982 XJ750RJ Secas). Apply thread locking compound to the first 4-5 thread and anti-seize to the remaining exposed thread. Hand screw in to snug, then torque the engine stud with the installation tool pins into the U side of the stud to the Yamaha recommendations level for the torque of the oil filter bolt of 11 foot-pounds.
    2) Remove the masking tape then apply anti-seize to the remaining exposed threads on the studs.
    3) Follow steps H), I) & J)
    4) At step J use a thin walled 30mm deep socket ideally OD no greater than 39.5mm without recessed edges to allow maximal seating of the socket on the thin 30mm adapter plate nut. Torque to the recommended 12 foot-pounds.

I have put several miles on both bikes with the new XJ4ever spin on adapter plate without any problems or oil leaks. I am using the AmsOil filter. The oil & filter change with the adapter plate now in place will save 15 minutes every oil & filter change. Given that I rack up 1000+ miles a month this will be a great time saver for me. Oil filters are cheap compared to cost of rebuilding an engine that dies too soon.

Len was very receptive of my constructive input on the installation process and he has made adjustments in the instructions and the design of the adaptor plate based on my experience. I am overall very satisfied with Len’s product and his service and willingness to work with me was top notch. When I get the next roll of film shot and digitized, I will add some picture positing of how the unit looks. There is no problem with stock exhaust clearance. I can easily get my hand to the oil filter and spin it on and off between header pipes 2 & 3.

Paul K. Nolan, MD
    Amarillo, TX
    The Bike Doc
    1982 Yamaha XJ750RJ Seca "Sweet Scarlet" http://tinyurl.com/5lnc2c
    1982 Yamaha XJ750RJ Seca "Gray Ghost" http://tinyurl.com/55j5mu
    Central Texas Carb Clinic & Seca Camp Trip http://tinyurl.com/5k3ck7

16. Ass.Fault

Ass.Fault Active Member

Hey BikeDoc
    Good to see you on the boards, now oil changes will just be a simple occasion

PS Len you are great. No charge replacment of the bolt and helping to improve your product.
    Im glad I have an XJ and not some "other" bike.

17. cturek

cturek Member

I ordered my valve shims this last Sunday evening from Chacal. Today is Thursday and I have them in hand already! Len's reputation for quick shipping is proven on every order I have made with him.

My friend at work who is restoring a 79 CB650 is continually amazed at how easy I can get parts.

18. chacal

Thanks Carl, and thanks Paul for the detailed feedback!

19. Fishmaster

Fishmaster Member

I ordered the wrong Airbox rubber boots for my XJ700. I sent a PM to Chacal explaining the problem. He sent me the right parts pretty fast and with no shipping or re-stocking fees. The new rubber boots fits like a glove in the carbs and the airbox.
    XJ4ever is my XJ parts vendor, don't look anywhere else. Len has everything you need for your XJ at reasonables prices and the best service in the planet.
    Thank you so much Len for all your support and appreciated honesty.

Fish

P.S. I'll keep you informed about the prototypes parts, so far so good.

20. Ass.Fault

Ass.Fault Active Member

LEN IS AWESOME AND WILL GET MY REFERRAL ANYDAY!!!!
    I have ordered many time from XJ4Play and been a satisfied client.
    Recently I ordered throttle shaft seals, mixture screw o-rings, and fuel rail o-rings.
    Priority mail brought them to my door only a few days later.
    Len, keep up the great work. One day we need a kick a*$ web site so we can ogle the parts before we order.
    All in good time :)