1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale XJ PARTS FOR SALE---FOR ALL MAXIM, SECA, AND TURBO MODELS

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by chacal, Nov 10, 2006.

1. pygmy_goat

pygmy_goat Member

Great job yet again, Chacal, on having the right parts for these old beasts. Got my bearings and put 'em in, no problems.

2. CJmaxim

CJmaxim Member

Great job, Chacal. Got all my parts yesterday, carbs are back together. I should've just ordered from you from the get go instead of wasting time looking for a spare set.

3. bluemax

bluemax Member

Re: XJ PARTS FOR SALE---FOR ALL MAXIM, SECA, AND TURBO MODEL

Just wanted to say thanks Len , couldn't have been happier with the service and fast shipping 5 stars 8)

4. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Thanks guys we appreciate your business!

5. Bullet_Sponge

Bullet_Sponge New Member

Can i just say XJ4Ever is a hero to the people.
    Order placed on the 26th, part in my hand on the 28th.
    The speed of a cheetah chasing a kid in the city, and the accuracy of a well trained sniper takin out a couple of pirates on the high seas.
    Thanks again.

6. bcroach78

bcroach78 Member

Chacal,

I have a 1982 Seca XJ550. I was wondering how I go about trying to purchase the rubber boots that go from the airbox to the carbs and the rubber parts that go from the carb to the engine with all hardware included too.

Brendon

7. SpineyCustomer

SpineyCustomer New Member

Great service, working with me to help properly size the jets on my HSC33 carbeurators on a 1985 XJ700N that has been bobbed out and frankensteined.
    When I bought it, the previous owner had installed pod filters, chopped the mufflers off, yet never upgraded the carbeurator's fuel flow to compensate for the high compression and increased airflow through the pods and unrestricted exhaust. Had stock #107 main fuel jets and #36.5 pilot fuel jets. When I first pulled the spark plugs, I immediately figured the last owner tried to compensate for the airflow fluctuation by increasing the idle mixture screws rates due to the greasy layer on the plugs ( no chocolate boo hoo!). Yet he failed to remove the anti tamper cap from the #4 carb. Wondering what the procedure is to pull one out, as my teachers in the auto shop I'm a student at had no idea.
    At this point I've rebuilt the carbs, broke the racks, cleaned all internal reusable parts with chem dip and all passages excpet the #4 idle mixture screw hole , replaced seals and o rings, clunk tested the vacuum piston bores and pistons, checked and cleaned my venturis and butterfly valves, upgraded to size #112 Main Fuel Jets and #39 Pilot Fuel Jets (that #112 looks serious compared to the dinky #107s), checked the specs on my butterfly valve spring sets, cleaned the spring set, and polished the exteriors of the Carb bodies with steel wire brushes of varying diameter and mothers mag/aluminum polish. replaced the hats with new chrome domes and installed new hardware, then re-racked the carbs on a piece of sheet glass with a flat edge ruler to hold the engine side flat while screwing in the lower rack bar with blue threadlocker. will be writing up an article for the forums with pictures once the carbs are finished and synchronized.

Attached Files:

8. worldttle

worldttle New Member

Hi chacal,

I need the little o-rings on the fuel T and the metal fuel pipes between the fuel bowls on my XJ550 seca carbs. There are 4 o-rings on each so I need a total of 12 o-rings.

Do you have these available?

Thanks.

9. chacal

Hey World, just send us an e-mail or a PM and we'll get you all the info!

10. RichGoody

RichGoody New Member

All I can say is XJ4everis 4EVER!! in my book!

Len helped me out with advice and recommendations for my 82 xj650 project. I needed brake lines and a tach cable. He mentioned the crush washers, which I didn't even think about, saving me more days of waiting for parts. AND - get this - I ordered them on a Wednesday and the parts were at my house when I got home on Thursday!!! I wasn't expecting them until, at the earliest, Saturday!!!

Again, all I can say is WOW. I kn ow where I will be getting my parts from now on.

11. MercuryMan

MercuryMan Active Member

Customer service is the best. Products are just as expected and shipping yes it is fast. Knowing you can count on a supplier to sell just what you need and do it the right way, means everything. XJ4ever, thank you for helping me keep my Maximator fully functional.

12. joeperezis

joeperezis Member

Chacal Rocks! Placed my very first order with him and then another a few weeks later and everything was spot on! Delivery was as expected!

Will continue to shop locally (with chacal that is...!). :)

13. Cward2891

Cward2891 New Member

1983 xj900 seca for sale. Quit running a couple weeks ago. Tired of the upkeep. $900 south Georgia. No title just bill of sale. Complete bike. Call Cory at 229-401-8497

14. PGDBUD

PGDBUD Member

Chacal, I received my parts 7 days after placing my order!

Thanks again....

15. Dazsculpt

Dazsculpt Member

Chacal

Recieved the tank many thanks

Daz

16. trander

trander New Member

Len,

I received the parts I ordered, no problems.

Thanks,

Tom

17. skw1972

skw1972 Member

Len you the man thanks again. As always perfect parts and perfect service The info and help you give on top of it all makes you one of a kind.

18. FlyGp

FlyGp Member

Len

My parts arrived today.

Thanks for the help correcting my part number list and getting me the correct stuff, I will never get that type of service from another vendor.

The starter rebuild kit is perfect, even has the bushings and the seal I needed, Should make the starter as good as new.

Thanks FlyGp

19. chacal

Thanks guys! We appreciate the business and wish everyone a safe, healthy, and Merry Christmas!

20. slowboattochina

slowboattochina Member

Many thanks to Len at XJ4Ever. My intakes arrived today. Only 2 days after placing my order! Everything looks great and I can now have one of my Christmas wishes...carburetors back on the Turbo and with a little luck, a fire up.

Many thanks Len!