1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale XJ PARTS FOR SALE---FOR ALL MAXIM, SECA, AND TURBO MODELS

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by chacal, Nov 10, 2006.

1. SecaMaverick

SecaMaverick Active Member

I've ordered parts from Len for years, and always have had GREAT service. On the rare occasions that I get the wrong part or the quantities are a bit off (whether it's my mistake or his), he has always bent over backwards to make it right.
    I own other brands of motorcycles for which I frequent other forums, and NONE of them have the great level of parts servicing that Len provides. Thank you, Len!

2. DMKinPortland

DMKinPortland New Member

I used to look all over the internet for parts for the XJ650, now I use XJ4EVER. It takes a little time to getting use to the site but once you navagate the catalog its easy. They respond to your parts inquiry quickly and ship fast. They have done most of the research for you and have everything you need. I have gone to my local Yamaha dealership and they have told me they can't get some parts for my bike but XJ4Ever can. Even if you never order anything just check out the great facts and information they have that you won't find in your repair manual.

XJ550H and Toomanybikes like this.
  3. Zluck

Zluck New Member

Len is the man!! The level of service here and the fact he carries almost anything and everything you can imagine is just amazing. Like other people have stated this level of service is not associated with any other motorcycle I own (Len, get into ZRXs please)

Recently I got a hold of him about replacing some O-Rings in a check valve on my carburetor rack
    (XJ650 Turbo) It was an item he did not carry, not a big deal I thought... considering it’s a crapshoot whether or not you can find parts on specific things for old bikes anyway... and I couldn’t let XJ4EVER spoil me...
    My order arrived super fast and I just wanted to let Len know everything arrived exactly as I ordered and that I “could not be happier”
    However Len reminded me I could indeed be happier! He pulled apart a few of his own and found that there was a type A and type B piston and that there were indeed two different O-rings
    AND he went ahead and sent all the information out so that he could have them reproduced and start carrying them!!!

NOW THATS SERVICE

Door dude likes this.
  4. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Awesome! Above and beyond the expected. His support for this community continues to amaze me.

5. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Well-Known Member

Len is to xj bikes
    As Tom Brady is to football

6. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Len has soft balls?

CoughcoughAaronRogersCough.
    Ahem.

7. Door dude

Door dude Active Member Premium Member

I believe but not for sure, once len gets your information he documents it. When you make an order he cross references your name and bike you have to make sure you are ordering parts for your bike. GREAT JOB LEN however you do it!!!

8. Robert Fitzpatrick

Robert Fitzpatrick New Member

Thanks for the oil filter conversion kit Len, it got here fast and neatly packaged. You're a life saver

9. Adam Oranchuk

Adam Oranchuk New Member

Huge thanks to Len for some troubleshooting help and some quick parts delivery! Ordered a manual petcock and delivered all the way the BC, Canada within 7 days! Part fit perfectly and high quality. My all original '81 midnight Maxim 650 finally running as good as it looks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  10. ucmlamb

ucmlamb 82 xj750j Maxim

It has been said over and over here, "Len is the man". So far I have placed several different orders with xj4ever.com and the parts always arrive quickly, well packaged and most of all they are the right parts. You have questions, Len will probably have your answer and he works hard to make sure you get what you need. The old adage, "you get what you pay for" also applies here, it may cost a little more, but all the parts are top quality and you know exactly what you are getting. I bought a head gasket from somewhere else and after the first ride I was back in the garage tearing it back down, the second one was from Len and I have had no issues with it. Thanks for all the great service.

11. Golero

Golero New Member

I just got a new set of brake lines for my 82 XJ750J, since mine were still the original cables with a manufacture date of 81 printed on them. I cut into them in various places, and they didn't look cracked or bad, but that doesn't mean they aren't brittle and dangerous. I was going to update the pictures in the "Why you should replace your brake lines" but they weren't bad enough to easily see a problem.

As for the order process, Len was awesome to work with. I sent him the part numbers I wanted, and he replied with the rest of the parts I might need for that specific brake job - crush washers, banjo bolts, and advice. I ended up getting a bit more than I originally intended because I hadn't thought about needing to replace the crush washers, so Len helped me out there for sure.

Once I got my parts, it came with a great packet of information with advice and instructions for the marked ends of the lines. Shipping was fast, and payment was painless with Paypal. I even got some cool stickers featuring an XJ engine after I mentioned I liked the design! I added that to my computer case, it looks great.

Len seems like a great guy running a great business. He's knowledgeable (and gave me advice on a separate issue I was having at the outset of my order), he's got a every part I could possibly need, and obviously cares about his customers. He'll definitely get more of my business as I continue working on my bike.

MattiThundrrr likes this.
  12. sam042955

sam042955 Member

Just an FYI to lets members know that I ordered two very important tools from XJ4EVER that are used to clean the enrichment circuit. They arrived quickly and will enable me to get my carbs working properly. THANKS LEN!!!

13. Todd Hoffman

Todd Hoffman New Member

Thanks Len, I received my carb parts for my 1982 Maxim in 3 days and couldn't be happier. I was skeptical with the ordering process at first, but will for sure continue to order parts through you for my now "vintage" bike.

Great customer service and follow through!

Chitwood likes this.
  14. sam042955

sam042955 Member

I second Todd Hoffman's experience. I've never engaged in an ordering process quite like this but it works perfectly. I just received my second order today (high performance clutch) and am scheduled to received oil filters and spark plugs tomorrow. Dealing with Len is a great experience and a great learning experience as well. Kudos Len!!

15. to the max

to the max Member

got my order super fast. thank you.

k-moe likes this.
  16. RobinV

RobinV New Member

Len provided excellent service and displayed a thorough knowledge of the parts I required for an old XJ750RL. Parts arrived via a friend who works for QANTAS, to avoid the overseas delay. 5 days to an outback town in Australia must be some sort of record IMO. By the way Len all parts correct and fitted. Now just need to crank her over. Which resulted in petrol gushing out of one of the carby hoses. More about that in another thread.

May_J_Aaron likes this.
  17. Possible malfunction

Possible malfunction Member

I have bought a fair amount of items from chacal, have gotten all parts ordered in a timely fashion and always the correct parts.
    Chacal is keeping my bike on the road, and for that I thank him.

May_J_Aaron and Chitwood like this.
  18. May_J_Aaron

May_J_Aaron Josh May

Len has been absolutely amazing in his knowledge and speed of his delivery!
    I made the mistake of buying a Front Brake Caliper Rebuild kit from BrakeCrafters that specifically had it labeled for my bike, I struggled to get THEIR piston in with no success, tried doing it by hand, C-Clamp, freezing the piston and heating the caliper.... only the have the Fluid seal tear on both of them.

Len quickly deciphered that they had sent my a kit that was truly for a different model and they just group them all as the same.
    Yes, Lens products cost more, but THEY WORK!
    I cleaned and polished my stock caliper pistons, used Len's Caliper Seals, and everything slide in easily by hand with firm force.
    I ended up wasting time and slowing down my project by 2 weeks becasue I tried to go with a cheaper alternative and ended up still buying from Len like I should have in the first place :p

Here are the photos of the difference between the Stock and BrakeCrafters.
    CC944C1A-4395-4115-8F89-4992F8B80270.jpeg 6CF022D2-EC6D-4171-AB86-48CE4DD72F3B.jpeg 420B6F5E-6F7A-4090-9AA1-FF2A6C88B6F2.jpeg
    I already put in another order for more parts from Len such as boots and new bleeder screw since I used the old ones like a plug..

And my finished Calipers!!!!!
    image.jpg

19. xHondaHack

xHondaHack Active Member Premium Member

Been ordering parts from Len @ xj4ever.com for several years.

Always provides top notch service with high quality parts, and every time I've needed something he has them "in stock".

Tony

20. ColoradoDan

ColoradoDan Active Member

New Valve Cover Gasket and Pressure Washers are on the way from XJ4Ever! Its valve adjustment time again for Veronika.

Thanks to Len for another fast turnaround - quote, sold, and shipped in a day (maybe less even)!

Note to anyone watching the feed for new posts: ADJUST YOUR DANG VALVES! And remember the flashing logo on the top right of the forum is where to get the parts you'll need.