1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ650 RJ Seca side panels - Anyone have 3d printing files?

Discussion in 'XJ 3D Printing & STL Files' started by Joe G, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Dan Gardner

Dan Gardner Well-Known Member Premium Member

@Joe G - I think it is a great project for an engineering student if they are into it.

There are many ways one could attack the problem - lots of possible combinations of techniques, hardware, software, patience, and skills - so what seems to be simple can get complex (and expensive) fast.

If nothing else, they can learn about the "engineering pit of despair" - a project that seems like it should be easy but it turns out to be very difficult! Maybe I'm just too grizzled and jaded.

Even if it turns out that the project is not "successful" in the traditional sense - the learning about different ways to try to skin this cat would be a good resume builder for an engineering student, in my opinion.

Dave in Ireland likes this.
  2. Joe G

Joe G New Member

Appreciate that Dan and I agree with you! My boy surprises me with things he can get done and he wants me to let him stub his toe…I want to help but have to let him learn the hard way sometimes! He does know when to cry uncle and ask Dad tho.

Rooster53 likes this.
  3. Dan Gardner

Dan Gardner Well-Known Member Premium Member

4. Joe G

Joe G New Member

Thanks for thinking of us Dan!! We did grab a set, matter of fact. It's summer time now and my boy is working so hard at his job that the XJ has taken a bit of a back seat...I hope he gets back on it before school starts. I'm not complaining, he wants to work to make money so that's good. I do miss the time we used to spend together but I suppose that's the way of the world as our kids get older isn't it.