1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ650RJ eBay Carburetor Bits

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Andius, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Andius

Andius Member

Hey all. I'm going through and cleaning the carburetors after a full disassembly. I came across an ebay listing that contained four carb gaskets, along with a number of internals. The current internals look pretty good, but not nearly as shiny. I bought it for the gaskets, but does it make sense to replace the Yamaha bits with the eBay bits, or hang onto them as backup parts? Or just recycle?

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. StahlMaster

StahlMaster Active Member

I've done a few carburetor rebuilds. I used the original parts ALWAYS unless damaged or worn. I NEVER buy "kits" from e-bay (china). If they were from Japan, I'd consider it.

hogfiddles and Brent NZ like this.
  3. Brent NZ

Brent NZ Active Member

I couldn't agree more, the jets may look dull but they are unlikely to need replacement (maybe replace the needle jets). Swapping originals with anything other than high-quality components will generally be a backwards step.

StahlMaster likes this.
  4. Andius

Andius Member

Thanks both. I assumed that the case, but wanted some confirmation. I'll use the gaskets, o-rings as necessary, and I'll bag the metal bits as a just-in-case but assume I won't be using them.

5. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

hogfiddles, Franz and Toomanybikes like this.
  6. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

I bought a full kit off of eBay...of course there were no butterfly shaft seals or fuel O rings ...but the kit was nice gaskets were good as well . Agree 100% xj4ever is your best bet though .

Timbox likes this.