1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ750RL 1983

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by jimmythedoortwo, Sep 29, 2026 at 4:46 PM.

?

Owners of xj750rl

This poll will close on Oct 11, 2026 at 4:46 PM.
  1. Not sure what this means

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Thanks

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jimmythedoortwo

    jimmythedoortwo New Member Premium Member

    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Newmarket Ontario Canada
    Looking for others who may have this model ,had one in 1991 sold it and I now have one and learning how to work on it changed carbs to a set of Murray's carbs from NC almost done
    Thanks I am new and learning to navigate this forum
     
  2. Fuller56

    Fuller56 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,087
    Likes Received:
    535
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    Welcome!
    How about some pictures of your bike? What are you doing to it to get it ready for the road? Let us know what you think about the Murray's Carbs conversion please. I, for one, am not yet convinced about them even if they seem like a good idea. I have run stock XJ carbs that have been massaged by our own @hogfiddles and been very pleased and satisfied.
     
  3. Timbox

    Timbox Well-Known Member Premium Member

    Messages:
    2,834
    Likes Received:
    986
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Wisconsin, Tomah
    Welcome to the forum. Lots of great information here. Post a few more times and you will be able to add pics to your posts.

    In the upper right of each page there is a icon. That link will take you much information about the XJ bikes. There is even a thread for the "Church of clean". That is what you need to look at for the XJ bikes carbs. They are a challenge the first few times you clean them.
     
  4. FJ111200

    FJ111200 Active Member

    Messages:
    620
    Likes Received:
    124
    Trophy Points:
    43
    Location:
    Crewe, Cheshire, England
    I had one, i'd buy another in a shot, it was an Australian import and i used it for courier work in London as it was ideal with it's shaft drive. It was based on the XJ900 with the 750 engine.
    Unfortunately it was written off when a blind cager pulled across my path sending me flying and ending up with a broken leg. I got up to give the bloke a battering but i ended up doing more damage to myself and had to go into traction for a week.
    Weird Hitachi carbs on the bike if i remember, with all these breather tubes coming off them. I had to block them off as the bike would surge at motorway speeds which was really annoying.
     
  5. RockinRich70

    RockinRich70 New Member

    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    Welland, Ontario, Canada
    I have an 83 XJ-750-RL. I've owned it for about 14 years. I haven't ridden it much the last 2 years, due to buying a GoldWing and really enjoying the ability to Ride Long Distance.
    I have recently taken it out of storage and it very quickly, fired right up. But, it leaks fuel from between the 2 left carbs. These Hitachi 33 carbs should really be rebuilt, and this winter, this will happen.
    Side note, I could use a right side Exhaust tip. The original one is getting pretty bad.
    Other than that, the bike is all original.
     
    Timbox likes this.
  6. Fuller56

    Fuller56 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,087
    Likes Received:
    535
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    But, it leaks fuel from between the 2 left carbs.

    Ahhhh... the dreaded dried out o-rings.
     

Share This Page