1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ4ever parts & service

Discussion in 'Reviews - Service, Online, Retail Shop' started by wrenchmaster, Mar 27, 2008.

1. RPS

RPS Member

Just got my new throttle cable from Len. It should be called LPS instead of USPS, great shipping times!

2. autosdafe

autosdafe Member

Ordered my parts and got them sooooo quick!!!!! Thanks again Len for an ultra smooth transaction!!!!

3. cgutz

cgutz Well-Known Member

Once again Len supplied the parts I needed this week, along with step by step instructions, with
    pictures, on how to install the new brake lines.
    He also replied to several specific emails I sent with questions about the installation.
    Thanks Len!

4. Cliffy B

Cliffy B Member

I have placed a handful of orders with Len and he has always provided great service at a great price. Everything I placed an order he confirmed it and even made sure I was ordering what I needed, like the right sight glass for my brake M/C. I have always received the orders very quickly. He has made it possible for me to bring a bike that was outside in the northern New York weather for 12th years to a state that is almost ready to crank. I probably have one or two more orders first though. Thanks Len for all of the great service, and thanks everyone else, I might not have asked that many questions if any at all but every time I got hung up or had a question I searched this site. Every time I found the answer and was astonished with the vast knowledge.

5. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Well-Known Member

Oh darn you mentioned the sight glass should have added that to my order, but Len@xjforever ships parts out so fast I was too late. Got my Monday order yesterday:)
    I've done the math. It's faster and cheaper for me to order from Len than to drive to my local Yamaha dealer and get parts. 7.95 priority post (us$) vs $15 gas and my time !!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  6. NateB

NateB New Member

Can't say enough good things about Len and XJ4Ever! This is my first bike build/fix and he has been very knowledgable, helpful, and is getting me solid parts on a wicked fast timeline! In fact he should be getting yet another email here in about 3 minutes for more parts! Thanks Len for everything.

7. Red 5

Red 5 New Member

Chacal is the best. Great service and very responsive. The manufacturer changed a design without notifying him but he diagnosed the problem and I had the new parts in no time.

8. PilotSmack

PilotSmack Active Member

The service is incredible. They sell you what you need, offering advise along the way, and making it easy to be sure that you are getting the right parts. Len specializes in the XJ Rescue field like a surgeon, and has my complete confidence. I'll definitely be coming back this winter when it's brake overhaul time!

9. Ttechman

Ttechman New Member

This is my third bike restoration, and I can tell you it can be a huge headache trying to find accurate parts for older bikes. XJ4ever website literally shows all the possible parts for your XJ, and even includes helpful notes on many items. This is unheard of for most bikes. Truly has been a pleasure ordering parts Len. I won't hesitate to order from XJ4ever again.

10. eightball53r

eightball53r New Member

Thx Len, without XJ4EVER I could never have hoped to keep my 81 Seca going. Excellent advice, instructions make it easy. Fast shipping helps also. KR

11. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Well-Known Member

Wow Len sent parts Tuesday afternoon and this time I ordered the sight glass for master cylinder along with a bunch of brake hoses etc and they arrived Today!!! You da man Len

12. Yu Tanaka

Yu Tanaka Active Member

Hi Len,
    I recieved parts.
    thanks a lot!

13. Chazz Weierbach

Chazz Weierbach New Member

got my brake hoses in record time and had the gaskets thrown in as a bonus. Made a big difference in the stopping power of them disc brakes. Thanks

14. Dave hein

Dave hein New Member

Ordered throttle shaft seals and o ring seals payed more for priority shipping mine aswell said next day cuz i got it the day after len sent confirmation of shipping

15. Jeff85

Jeff85 New Member

First a big thank you to Len the parts Guru of all time. Without whom we would all be scratching our heads and scrapping our bikes. Secondly an unrepayable (Not repayable; that cannot be paid back. Meaning, pronunciation, example sentences, and more from Oxford Dictionaries.)debt of gratitude to the XJ bikes web site for their incredible wealth of knowledge given freely to us all (a donation to them would be appropriate!!) and organized in such a way that even I can decipher it. Many thanks to you Len and Snosheriff

16. Jeff85

Jeff85 New Member

Hey Len, I got my part in good time and many thanks for another part I could not find anywhere. How does he do it!!

17. steber

steber Active Member

What can be said about Len that hasn't been said a million times before? If you're ordering parts from anywhere else except here than you're missing out.

Just picked up some JIS Screw drivers to break the rack on those pesky carbs. I tried one screw before ordering and felt that even with a JIS I'd be here all night. I just broke top and bottom in under a minute with minimal effort with his screwdrivers.

I haven't installed the fuel rail o rings yet. But do I even need to wait to comment on them? I've ordered from him for the past 7 or 8 years because he's someone I can trust will always deliver top notch parts.

Affordable, reliable, quality and super helpful/informative, as always.

Rooster53 likes this.
  18. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

parts arrived today actualy yesterday carbs going back together new plug caps great service thanks again

19. diegognavarro

diegognavarro New Member

Just got my carbs boots for my xj700x from Len, it's a great service. I'm from Argentina and this country has a strong and complicated customs policy and Len help me a lot with different shipping options and patience. Thanks a lot!

20. cgutz

cgutz Well-Known Member

For years I had trouble with the "Philips" screws on my XJ550, not realizing they were really JIS. As a result, I was in danger of stripping a lot of screws. When I found out they were JIS, I started using the "cheesy" JIS screwdriver that came in the OEM toolkit. I had avoided it thinking it was just a cheap Philips. Even that OEM toolkit JIS screwdriver does a better job than a Philips.