1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ4ever parts & service

Discussion in 'Reviews - Service, Online, Retail Shop' started by wrenchmaster, Mar 27, 2008.

1. goser

goser Member

Just installed my Hella Euro Vision Plus H4 upgrade from chacal...wow! If you haven't bought one from him yet, do so now! Don't know how I survived so long with the stock sealed beam...

2. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Hey goser, thanks! Yes, those lights really do the trick!

3. JoshL

JoshL New Member

I shudder to think what we would do without Len. Excellent service, communication, and fast shipping (2 days!!) Thanks for the sexy parts. I'll be ordering soon again.

4. chacal

Thanks Josh!

5. dpawl31

dpawl31 Member

Once again, another order.
    Ordered Tuesday ~3pm, had it Saturday w/ Priority.

Everything fit great (all new gaskets for carbs) and went very well.
    Quality stuff, from a quality Guy!

Thanks Len.

6. Planehue

Planehue Member

Chacal must have asked for my delivery to be by turbo dog sled. Ordered on April 21 arrived on April 29. All in good condition as promised. Now I have to decide paint and install basement trim or get bike on the road?? Ok all done bike won house will have to wait.
    Thank you Len for your fast service and all your help, even to dog sled country.

7. MN-Maxims

MN-Maxims St. Paul Minnesota

Got my parts today. Ordered on Monday as always super prompt shipping from Len

8. chacal

Thanks guys for your business!

9. RangerG

RangerG Member

Last order shipped on April 27th. Arrived at my door May 4th. Some of our snow has melted so the dog sled was much faster! Canada Customs even kept their paws off it and didn't ding me for extra taxes and duty! Thanks Len.

10. extremedoc

extremedoc New Member

Thanks Chacal,

I ordered twice from xj4ever and every part has been on the money!! The shipping has been early both times I have ordered. The communication is quick, great tips included with the order on how to correctly use YICS tool and clean out tools.

Thanks Again,

Kyle

11. xjamien

xjamien New Member

Thanks Len,

Received my first order yesterday. Parts were well-packed and identified - everything as it should be. The deluxe petcock rebuild kit is fantastic! Everything you need to make it like new again - and boy was mine SHOT!

I'm SO happy to have found this site and this parts resource! I'll be placing my next order in a few days... :)

Thanks again,

-Tom
    '82 XJ650 Maxim
    Previous rides:
    '75 Honda 500T
    '73 Honda CL125 (my first bike, bought new!)

12. chacal

Thanks everyone!

13. bill

bill Active Member

Hi Len go my latest order for control cables, filter and gas cap seal. I'll get them installed when I heal a bit more. I did get the gas cap seal on.

Thanks again for your usual fast and efficient service!

14. minturn

minturn Member

I placed an order and it arrived missing the turn signal gasket. I PMed chacal and I had the gasket in 2 days. I live in Colorado. He sent the gasket Priority mail. That's Service!

chacal is the best.

His parts are as he describes, they fit, his knowledge of these bikes is amazing and he backs this up with unbelievable service.

Thanks Len!
    Jim

15. chacal

Thanks guys, I appreciate your business!

16. the_bandit

the_bandit Member

Another satisfied customer.

Now to put these things to use and get this bike running again.

17. red78ta

red78ta New Member

Howdy! I found this site b/c I was google searching Hitachi jets #40 #41. I was looking for jets for my HSC40 carb (on my 82 XV920). I don't own a XJ bike and i didn't realize this when I emailed Len (Chacal) to ask if he still had the jets and what the price was (the thread that came up on google was a year or so old).

After Len emailed me back i realized these were for XJ bike and not XV bikes, I emailed him back and said i was sorry if i wasted his time. Len looked up the part numbers and compared diagrams (without me asking him too) and told me the part numbers for the main jets were the same, but the part numbers for the pilot jets were different, however the mains and pilots on his XJ bikes were the same dimensions (you could swap them if you wanted to) so if that was true on my XV then it might work. I said I'd give it a go and see what happened (the jets on the XV are swappable, i did it once on accident and got a REALLY rich idle). Well... that was two days ago, I emailed him first three days ago, today I got my jets in the mail and haven't installed them yet, but i'll be shocked if they don't work, i did a visual comparison to a bad set of jets i had laying around and they look identical, all the way down to the thread count.

Bottom line, Len's customer service is AMAZING. He went out of his way to see if he had a product that would work for me or not and then got that product to me asap. His shipping and hanlding charge was only $2 more than it actually cost him to mail the package, and considering that he has to take time to pull the part from wherever he's storing it and then drive to the post office, i say that the shipping was well under what i would consider a reasonable price.

Oh, and his price for the jets was half of what i could find anywhere else. The next cheapest place I had found (which i had ordered them from 3 weeks ago and they still hadn't shipped them or responded to my emails, or picked up their phone when i called) was going to cost me about $10 more with all the shipping and stuff included... I wish i had stumbled across Len's thread on this site 3 weeks ago, i'd be riding today instead of typing this out!

Thanks Len!

Also, I'm going to post this over on Virago Tech were i am a member so they know to come here should they need a part for an XJ bike or a jet for their XV!

Lyle (red78ta)
    North Bend, OR

18. schmauster920

schmauster920 Member

The similarities between the two bikes is uncanny... Ive got an 82 xv920 and 82 maxim.. i have swapped wheels, forks, brake components.. a lot of stuff.. lots of the parts seem identical (rear virago brake is a little bigger)

That doesn't surprise me, and it makes parts easier to find, so im not complaining

19. FastMaxim82

FastMaxim82 Member

just received my parts. good prices and an awsome selection of OE replacement and aftermarket parts. could have ordered from Jcwhitney but i'd have gotten universal aftermarket and wasn't even sure if that was right. Thanks for the help Len.

20. chacal

Thanks guys!