1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ4ever parts & service

Discussion in 'Reviews - Service, Online, Retail Shop' started by wrenchmaster, Mar 27, 2008.

1. skooterbum

skooterbum New Member

THANKS LEN, FOR YOUR TOP NOTCH SERVICE AND PARTS !!! A PERSON WOULD BE MAKING A BIG MISTAKE TO GO ANY WHERE ELSE !!!!!

THANKS
    RON

2. RangerG

RangerG Member

Took 10 days to get my order up to The Great White North. I thought Len must have messed up my order as I was expecting the valve cover gasket to be packaged flat. I was wrong. Apparently you can fold a rubber gasket up into a smaller package. Len did mess me up though. The package of 16 lock washers actually contained 17 washers. Made me double and triple check that I had a washer on each screw.

Great service! Don't know what we'd do without you!

3. gregu

gregu Member

I need to make a comment about xjbikes.com...

I've been into 4 Los Angeles area Yamaha dealers asking questions about my XJ750 Seca:
    NOT ONE PERSON HAS EVERY WORKED ON A YAMAHA XJ. Further, none of them really knew anything about how the bikes are built from just a mere knowledge basis.

I have not found any other place where you can write to the parts guy, he has the answer AND will send pictures or blogs that discuss the very problem. (Not to take awy from others, Rick Massey knows his XJ's as well)

So I order parts from Chacal (Len) at at a better price than any dealer or other bike parts website. The parts shipped friday by USPS (cheapest) and were in my hands monday at noon...can't beat it.

I would encourage every XJ owner out there to support Len and xjbikes.com.

Sincerely, Greg
    1982 XJ750 Seca: from barn basket to road worthy

4. Kyrrinstoch

Kyrrinstoch Member

I'm in the same boat. I just ordered a set of parts to do a front fork rebuild on Friday. Monday afternoon my parts were waiting for me.

Made me wonder if Len had moved down the street from me they were here THAT fast! I wasn't expecting them until tomorrow... 8O

Add in the fact that he pointed out that I was going to need a couple additional parts that I'd left off my list and he's become my first stop for parts for my XJ550 RH.

5. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Thanks guys, we appreciate the business!

Ranger...we added that extra washer because we knew you would end up loosing one, but obviously you foiled our plans by being careful and attentive to detail, and so that is price you have to pay for doing things right.......... :D

6. Chunga836

Chunga836 New Member

Ordered the brake parts I needed on monday. Here on Wednesday via priority mail. Can't beat the serivice. I will definately buy from here again.

The order coming in a timely manner got my bike up in running condition and prepared my bike (my first 8)) for the run up to my cabin with my cousin for the fourth of july. I will follow up with pictures in the main threads at some point to show my new baby.

Thanks so uch again len!

-Jared

7. missionaryjon

missionaryjon Member

Very much agree. Len is the best!!!

8. Jazzy

Jazzy New Member

Len, being new to motorcycles you can't believe how relieved I was to find this forum. I recently purchased a 1982 XJ750J Maxim so my son and I could tinker and learn how to fix motorcycles. I didn't know what I was buying I just liked the look and since it ran and I didn't hear any mechanical noises coming out of the engine I bought it. After trying to get it running by the seat of my pants method I bought a repair manual. Again after the 2nd attempt at the carbs I researched the net and found XJBikes forum, of course I signed up immediately. Now that I have educated myself I am working on the 3rd and hopefully final carb rebuild. One of my biggest reliefs was finding a parts dealer for these old bikes. So far I am very satisfied with the availability of parts and the service. Of course being satisfied he will be taking quite a few orders from me in the future. It's curious that I never met Len (Chacal) and all business is done through the internet and yet I feel he is very honest and customer service oriented and that's something I don't find with most of the storefront retailers these days. Anyway, I'm getting a little long so Thanks again for the parts and service.

9. ethanch

ethanch Member

I totally agree with you about Len (chacal) since buying my recent Seca 750 and finding this forum I have been buying parts from Len and singing praise about him. He has what you need and sometimes knows what I'm looking for when I don't. He ships everything right away and sends very detailed instructions with the more involved parts. This is the kind of service some of us grew up with at the local parts stores and I for one miss very much these days with the chain store. Great Job Len!!!!

10. motorduck

motorduck Member

Recently ordered from Len. Once again, great service, great quality, great value. Thanks, Len.

11. qualm

qualm New Member

Just throwing a thanks out to Chacal at XJ4ever for the parts. The parts came fast and chacal was great to work with. I even had a problem with my order that he rectified immediately and even promised to beat someone for not having the order right the first time. 8) Everyone makes mistakes I was just glad that it was fixed promptly and no beating around the bush. The parts worked great and I had no problems what so ever.

Will buy from again,
    qualm

12. rpgoerlich

rpgoerlich Member

Thanks for the Great Service and Fast Delivery Len!

13. ManBot13

ManBot13 Well-Known Member

I've always gotten my orders from chacal extremely fast and exactly what I need. But nobody's perfect, and I want anyone who might order from chacal in the future to know that when there was an issue with my order, chacal corrected it and had great communication to boot! I ordered on a monday, got the order on wednesday, saw there was an issue and notified chacal that night. A couple of PMs were exchanged that night, and in the morning the part I needed was in the mail. By the Monday after my initial order, and had the corrected order and was very satisfied.

Chacal communicates with you before your order, making sure you have everything you need. Once you send the money, chacal send you the parts immediately but does not close the lines of communication. If you need help using a tool, or installing a part, he'll be very responsive. More than once I have exchanged several PMs with him late at night where he helped me to use the tools and install the parts I ordered correctly. Chacal is awesome.

14. dqnjuan

dqnjuan Member

More praise for Chacal! As always great communication and quickest shipping. Even though I forgot to put the quote number in my bad dude.

Thanks again.

15. Scholz

Scholz Member

Well lets put it this way....

I placed two orders online for parts i needed for my bike to rebuild the carb and tune her up...

One with XJ4ever and one with oldbikebarn....

Today I called a cancelled my oldbikebarn order and ordered from Xj4ever.... I had my stuff for XJ4ever a week after I placed the order and oldbikebarn hadn't even shipped them yet....

Thanks Len!!!

16. pvtschultz

pvtschultz Member

Len, I got my parts TWO DAYS after I paid for them! Great service that I have come to expect from you. You'll definately be hearing from me again (and again) in the near future.

17. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Thanks guys!

18. yamahamandk

yamahamandk Member

Len really came through in my efforts to restore my XJ650J to original factory colors. At the time of joining XJBikes I had done quite a bit of research trying to find original/reproduction of the paint scheme. I couldn't find the original Black/Blue code 4J paint needed to repaint my tank and side covers anywhere.

I joined XJBikes, posted my experience on the forum re: my experience and very quickly up pops Bill (Bill - praising Len and now I know why) & Len indicating he had the color scheme I was looking for.

I ordered the paint from Len (with expectation of a 7-14 day delivery) and received it in less than 3! - in plenty of time to have the tank and side covers painted for the Vintage Japanese bike meet in August. I was a little worried that I may not be ready in time, but thanks to Len I'm ahead of the game.

Thanks again Len - will share pictures when complete.

19. schooter

schooter Active Member

Yep, got a small order, but got her in two days, bike should be up and runnin in no time, thanks!

20. lpfeil7

lpfeil7 New Member

Len,

Want to thank you for the great tool and let everyone else know how great a guy you are to deal with.

I ordered the YICS Port Blanking Tool from Len, great tool and a great price. I had called my closet Yamaha Dealer parts dept. and they didn't know what I was talking about. I gave him the Yamaha Part number that I got out of my Repair manual and he couldn't find anything on it. I called another Yamaha Dealer a couple towns away that sells alot of the older parts online, they knew what I was looking for, they told me Yamaha had discontinued the tool but he thought he might be able to get it from there tool supplier. There supplier still had a quanity in stock, hadn't sold 1 in 3 years.. They only wanted $150.00 for it ( I guess it really went up in value while just sitting on there shelf) Then I found Len, great tool and great price.

Now we did have a snafu with the mail & I highly recomend everyone get the Tracking for your order. I didn't and my order didn't show up in a reasonable time, contacted Len by email and he was right back to me. Len went above and beyond, told me if it didn't show up in a couple more days that he would help me out with a replacement. It finally showed up , the post office had sent it Parcel Post even though they charge for Priority.

I will be ordering anything else I need from Len.

Larry